What technical skills do you think are most valued by the companies these days? Check out the top 5 most sought after technical skills in 2012.
1. Network Administration: Network administration skills are in great demand as companies need to understand, build, implement, maintain, support, and continuously improve data and voice networks. Interested parties should look into Cisco Certifications.
2. IT Security: Cyber security is a big concern for many companies. Security professions cover threats, hacking, and protection of network and data. Security is utmost priority in all companies and is a great skill to obtain.
3. Cloud Technology/Virtualization: Many companies are very interested in the newest technologies such as cloud computing and virtualization. These professions implement virtualization platforms including VMware, vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V.
4. Project Management: Project managers are in great demand by many businesses to manage tasks, resources, cost on complicated projects. There aren’t too many people who can manage projects effectively. Best thing to do to get involved in project management is to earn PMP (Professional Management Professional) certificate.
5. IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL): Many companies also look for skills, knowledge, and abilities to plan, configure, troubleshoot, and repair desktop computers, laptops, peripheral devices, applications software, and network operating systems. Desktop support professionals require technical skills and need customer service to communicate with users and to help teach them to be more self-sufficient with solving computer problems.