How often do you get oil change for your vehicle? Every 3000 miles or 5000 miles or 7000 miles? Remember oil changes are important for your car. And don’t just get your oil changes to just any local auto shop. Make sure the technician provides these additional services beyond just an oil change.
· Inspect belts, hoses, air filter, front and rear lights, and wipers
· Perform battery test
· Inspect steering, suspension, fuel supply lines, brake lines and exhaust
· Check all fluids
· Look for any leaks or problems
Your technician should help you determine frequency of oil change for your car based on the manufacturer’s recommendation. Here is a list of things to keep in mind on the frequency of getting an oil change.
· How severe is your driving conditions such as extreme types of weather (cold or hot)?
· Does your vehicle experience frequent stop and go city driving?
· Does your vehicle have high number of frequent driving under 10 miles?
· Does your vehicle carry heavy loads or tow a trailer?